LFGA will be hosting our Annual Horn measuring day Saturday December 18th at Burbank Hall from 11am till 3pm.
Trophy Competition Rules are outlined below.
ANNUAL TROPHY COMPETITION COVID 19 VERSION
Dec. 4, 2021
Who would have believed that Covid 19 would still be in the picture when we modified our trophy competition for 2020 last December? We will be hosting trophy measuring day in our traditional format December 18 from 11 AM to 3 PM at the Burbank Hall for fully vaccinated members only: credentials and masks are required and will be checked at the door.
For those members who are unable to be present that day or those not vaccinated we will be measuring by appointment from now until December 23 at the Powell residence.
People wishing to be present while the scoring is done should be prepared to mask up and respect social distancing. The scoring itself will be in the garage at the Powell residence. Those unable to wear a mask or follow any of the Alberta Public Health orders should simply wait in their vehicle while I do the measuring which, in most cases, will only last one- half hour. There is no charge for the service.
What needs to be done to get an animal scored is listed below.
1. Present the horns, antlers and/ or skulls in as clean and as dry as possible manner. Horns to be scored for provincial, national, B&C or P&Y entry required a 60-day drying period. We pre-measure for the club competition (under 60 days) in order to get the results by the first Saturday in February.
2. Call 403-782-3893 and ask for Dave Powell to make an appointment for measuring. Appointment times available will be from 10 AM to 7 PM on most days from the present until Dec. 23rd2021 .
3. We will still score horns for non-members.
4. Be on time for your appointment and deliver your horns, skulls, or antlers to 26212 TP Road 402 Lacombe County. Further directions as to location will be given at the time of the appointment.
5. Procedures may have to change without notice due to changes in the Alberta Health Orders in response to the pandemic.
6. Awards night will be scheduled in early 2022 as soon as restrictions have been relaxed to allow for the event.