ANNUAL TROPHY COMPETITION COVID 19 VERSIONDec. 4, 2020
There is no facet of our lives that has not had to adapt to the Pandemic. Our trophy competition is no exception. Under the current COVID-19 health rules we can get it done by modifying the time from for measuring. Instead of doing it only on Dec 19 we will have to start immediately and measure by appointment until the end of the month. The scoring itself will be in Trophy Chair Dave Powell's garage. Those unable to wear a mask or follow any of the Alberta Public Health orders should simply wait in their vehicle while I do the measuring which, in most cases, will only last one- half hour. There is no charge for the service.
What needs to be done to get an animal scored is listed below.
1. Present the horns, antlers and/ or skulls in as clean and as dry as possible manner. Horns to be scored for provincial, national, B&C or P&Y entry required a 60 day drying period. We pre-measure for the club competition (under 60 days) in order to get the results by the first Saturday in February.
2. Call 403-782-3893 and ask for Dave Powell to make an appointment for measuring. Appointment times available will be from 10 AM to 7 PM on most days from the present until Dec. 23rd, closed Dec 24-27 and resuming Dec. 28 to 31, 2020.
3. We will still score horns for non-members.
4. Be on time for your appointment and deliver your horns, skulls, or antlers to 26212 TP Road 402 Lacombe County. Further directions as to location will be given at the time of the appointment.
5. Procedures may have to change without notice due to changes in the Alberta Health Orders in response to the pandemic.
6. Awards night will be scheduled in early 2021 as soon after restrictions have been lifted.